Advantages of outdoor displays & signage
Thursday, 9 January 2020
The most prolific method of advertising and directing people to your business. They're a cost-effective and tested solution for informing and directing people. Outdoor displays are often freestanding and usually incorporate a method for the content to be changed. A chalkboard, snap frames for posters or an electronic screen can be incorporated.
Every business needs an outdoor display; from illuminated signage to a small yet perfectly functional plaque. Pavement signs are popular as they are freestanding and proven to increase footfall. They are best placed so that passers-by can read all about your latest promotion.
· Cheap to buy
· Increases footfall
· Help people to find your business
· Promote your latest offers
· Increases awareness of your brand
· Increases opportunistic visitors
· Able to communicate with people at a distance when using a large display
· Preparatory information increases efficiencies and reduces stress
· Can reduce risk and increase safety in hazardous areas
· Helps people to make an informed decision
· Can provide wayfinding or confirmation of arrival at a location
· Hints and reinforces a prior message
· Adds to the ambient style or decor
· Can be for entertainment
Every sign needs to be effective and requires a design. The design will depend on your specific requirements. It may need to use standard and well-known symbols or have other regulatory specifications. Alternatively, it may be handwritten and artistic, in the style of a business brand for advertising and marketing.
Examples of outdoor signs